Restricted Operators Licence Management & Compliance Solutions, Offered by Oplas Transport Consultancy are aim to provide professional advice in the areas of Restricted Operator Licence Applications, Compliance Management.
This is done by an initially conducting an compliance audit, on the Restricted Operators Licence holder system of work, for maintaining the required level of compliance, in relation to the Restricted Operators Licence held. The audit is in style & format similar to those compliance audits, as carried out by the enforcement body DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency formally known as VOSA).
This means that the remit of the compliance audit to be undertake, focuses on compliance and management control of the Restricted Operators Licence. It will report on the level of the Restricted Operator Licence holder & the senior management team understanding & interpretation, of the conditions (Undertakings) of the Restricted Operators Licence held is sufficient. Please find below areas that make up a Restricted Operator Licence compliance audit:
Systems of work used in the Management of Drivers in the following required areas of compliance:
- Drivers Hours Records
- Tachograph Infringements
- Working Time Directive Records (Road Transport Directive RTD) Records
- Tachograph analysis & Working Time Directive Compliance analysis.
- Procedures for inform drivers of (Drivers Hours, Tachograph, RTD) infringements
- Action taken to avoid recurrences of infringements
- Driving Licences Checks
- Driver road traffic offences, graduated fixed penalties required notification, investigation, & follow up action & recording processes
- Arrangements for training new drivers & statutory & refresher training for existing drivers
Systems of work used in the Management of Vehicle Maintenance Compliance
- Planning & execution of Periodical Mechanical Inspections, MOT’s & other Compliance requirements in relation to the use of the operators vehicles
- Drivers daily checks
- Driver defect reporting
- Defect rectification & recording
System of work used by Management in the event of a road accident
- Scene of an accident reporting procedures
- Accident repairs records
- Investigations and follow up action in respect of poor driver performance
- Claims against the company prosecutions & summons
Systems of work used by Management for compliant use of Goods or Public Service Vehicle(s)
- Correct loading/unloading of vehicles
- Vehicle load security
- Guidance & systems of work in place for the prevention of Overloading of vehicles
- Vehicle Maintenance & use offences, prohibition notices, investigations, and follow up action
- Arrangements to confirm vehicle road fund compliance
- Arrangements to confirm the required Insurance coverage for company vehicles & their operation is in place.
- Arrangements for the hiring, use, & returning of hire vehicle(s)
The next step is for a meeting between Oplas & the Restricted Operators Licence. Where the compliance audit findings, & its recommendations are part of a process in developing, a bespoke system of work, for the maintaining of Restricted Operators Licence Compliance. So that the Restricted Operators Licence holder will maintain the level compliance that is required by the Operator Licence regime.
From our experience, those questions mainly fall into two categories:
- 1. You are currently a Restricted Operators Licence holder & looking for help & advice in relation to maintaining the required compliance in relation to the Restricted Operators Licence that you hold. Then if so
- 2. You are an Restricted Operators Licence Holder and have received call up papers for a public inquiry & are looking for some more formal advice on Restricted Operators Licence Compliance; If so
Restricted Operators Licence Application Service
It is a high percentage chance that most applicants applying for Restricted Operator Licence, & the Restricted Operators Licence Application process will be the first time, they have interacted with the regulatory authority known as the Office of The Traffic Commissioner. In most cases, a Restricted Operators Licence applicant is not from a transport background, this may lead to the applicant being unsure of the process, making mistakes & leading to problems not envisage by the applicant.
Data from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner shows that over three quarters of all Operators Licence Applications have some sort of issue, stopping a decision being made on that application, ranging from the application form being incomplete or incorrectly filled out, to the required support documentation not being submitted with the original application. This means the re-working & re-submitting of the Restricted Operators Licence Application by the applicant. With the applicant spending extra time & additional costs & with no Restricted Operators Licence to show for that time & monies spent.
The amount of information & the detail required for a Restricted Operators Licence Application, has surprise a large number of applicants, & they find themselves spending more time dealing with their application & still end up with problems having it granted by the Traffic Commissioner. One part of the Restricted Operators Licence application that most applicants are no aware of, is that the way an application is presented to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, has a bearing on how the Traffic Commissioner will view the applicant & whether they are suitable to hold a Restricted Operators Licence. If the Traffic Commissioner feels that an application does not satisfy the requirements of the Operator Licensing Regime, I.E. the way the applicant has dealt with the process of filling out the required forms & the supplying any supporting documentation. The Traffic Commissioner may call the applicant to Public Inquiry, at which the Restricted Operators Licence Application will be consider, along with the suitability of the applicant to be a Restricted Operators Licence holder.
Most applicants, who engage in the process of a Restricted Operators Licence Application, do so due to the fact that due to their commercial activates, they are in a position where they need to operate vehicles, which fall under the Operator Licensing Regime, & so that their business can carry on growing. Making the importance of the Restricted Operators Licence Application being successful to the applicants business vital. Therefore, an applicant needs to makes sure that the information required for Restricted Operators Licence Application, is detailed & accurate, & then prepared & presented, in a professional manner to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, so by showing that the applicant is aware, that the Restricted Operators Licence Application, along with the granting of Restricted Operators Licence. Is an important undertaking, & the applicant is treating the process, in a respectful & professional manner. Therefore, the engaging of a transport professional to help with the applicant, Restricted Operators Licence Application would seem to be prudent step, in trying to make sure the Restricted Operators Licence Application is successful.
Oplas Transport Consultancy will undertake a Restricted Operators Licence Application on behalf of the applicant, ensuring everything is in order before sending the Restricted Operator Licence Application to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner for consideration.
Oplas Transport Consultancy has had many years preparing Restricted Operators Licence Applications, for a number of parties, using a systematic process:
- Oplas Transport Consultancy will confirm with the applicant that the Restricted Operators Licence is the correct type of Operators Licence that the applicant will need in relation to their business requirements.
- Completion of the correct documentation, for a Restricted Operators Licence Application form, (GV79) & interim application if required.
- Collation of all supporting documentation required for the Restricted Operators Licence Application.
- Oplas Transport Consultancy will then collate all documentation required for your Restricted Operators Licence Application.
- Then all documents are proof read. & a copy sent to the applicant so they can confirm they are happy that the documents are to their satisfaction.
- A presentation pack consisting of all the documents required for the Restricted Operators Licence Application is produce, & copy of the completed application pack is produce for the applicant, so there is a record of what was sent to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, in relation to the applicants Restricted Operators Licence Application.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery is used to forward the applicants Restricted Operators Licence Application, to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner.
- The Restricted Operators Licence Application is then be considered by The Traffic Commissioner. Oplas Transport Consultancy will be in connect with the Office of the Traffic Commissioner, keeping the applicant informed, about what stage the Restricted Operator Licence Application, is at & if there is any additional actions required, in supporting the application being successfully being granted, by The Traffic Commissioner.
Please feel free to take the first step in using either our Restricted Operators Licence Administration Service & Compliance Management Solutions or Restricted Operators Licence Application service & contact us via the details given on the site or via email inquiry link for this service, which can be access below.
Please Note: If you are Operation or Your Company’s Operation come under the Operator Licensing regime, were the Restricted Operators Licence / “O” Licence is deem to be suitable for compliance. Then even if you use a vehicle that is within scope for Only a Short Period, 2 Or 3 Weeks or Even Just One Day, then you or your company must be a Holder of a Restricted Operators Licence
This Guide is only a Basic Guide to the Restricted Operators Licence Application & Therefore Cannot Be Considered as Legal Advice.
From our experience, those questions mainly fall into two categories:
- 1. You are looking to apply or have applied for a Restricted Operators Licence & looking for help & advice in relation to the application process. Then if so
- 2. You have already applied for Restricted Operators Licence and have received call up papers for a public inquiry in relation to your application & are looking for some more formal advice on Restricted Operators Licence Applications; If so